This solution is great because it neatly coils everything up to fit right you your pocket or bag.
- Find an old, expired (or new if you want but we wouldn’t recommend this) credit card.
- Use a utility knife to cut a trapezoid into the two long sides of the credit card. These cuts should ideally start after the corner’s radius as to avoid sharp corners.
- Use a drill and a drill bit to make two holes in the credit card at one of the short ends. This is where the earbuds will go. The size of the hole will depend on the particular set of earbuds. Generally 3/8” to 1/2” will work well.
- With the utility knife, cut a line from each hole to the outside edge. This will be used for sliding the earbuds and their cord into the hole.
- Use a slightly smaller bit (again this depends on the individual earbuds, but 1/4” generally works) to make a hole in the opposite end of the card. This will be where the earbud plug will go.
- Cut a thin (about the thickness of the wire) channel from the bottom edge of the card to hole for the plug.
Floppy Disk Pen Holder
The tutorial for this project instructed to connect the disks with zip ties, but unfortunately I didn’t have any at my disposal, so I had to resign to hot glue. The zip ties are probably the better option, seeing as they’re more attractive.
Full tutorial here.
DIY Mason Jar Crafts